Edit Export in Microsoft Excel or Notepad++
The system automatically creates a .csv file for the exported translations document and this file can be edited using a text editing or spreadsheet applications This section details how to edit the document using Excel and Notepad ++
Edit in Microsoft Excel
- To view and use the downloaded document open Excel.
- Find the Excel option to import data from text/CSV. e.g. Go to the Data tab and click From Text/CSV
- Select the file you want to open (the one you downloaded) and click Open.
- Excel will display a sample of how the data will look when it is imported into Excel. Click Load to complete the process.
The system opens the file in Excel and displays the data in columns, including the translation key, the time and date when it was added, and the words or phrases in English. It also contains columns for the other identified languages and any translated versions of those words that were in the application at the time of the download.
- Enter the translation of the provided English text in the column identified by the language code; for example, enter the Dutch translation in the column with the heading nl_text.
- Add all required translations.
- Save the file as type CSV UTF-8 (Comma delimited) (*.csv).
Edit in Notepad ++
- Find the exported document in the your computer's Downloads folder.
- Right-click the document and open it with Notepad++.
- Each data item in a row is identified by quotation mark pairs. With your cursor between the "" marks in the column for the language translation you want to add, enter the translated word or phrase.
- After you have entered each of the translations click the save icon, save your updates, and close the document.