Assigning Users and Packages to Groups
Groups allow you to simplify the management of user access to specific packages and roles. In Access Management you can create a group, specify what users who belong to that group can see and do in the system, and then assign users to that group.
In Release 7.3 and earlier, packages/roles can be assigned to a user directly, but current and future Releases manage this via group functionality, in line with user management best practices.
Create a Group
- From your LogicNets dashboard, click on the Access Management tile.
- Go to Groups.
- Click new to create a new group.
- Give your group a name and click Add.
- Add users to the group. In the Group details section select users by picking them from the Users dropdown list.
- Add any published packages that members of this group are authorized to access.
- (Optional Step) Add any workspaces (Designer accounts) that members of this group are authorized to access.
- Click Save to save your changes to this group.
Link Users to Groups
There are multiple ways to link a user to a group:
- Modify an existing group and add users to the group from the Local Users dropdown menu.
- While creating a new user, assign the user to one or more existing groups using the Groups dropdown menu.
Single User Assignment
See the article Assigning Packages to Users - Differences in Release 7.3 vs Release 7.4 for information about single user assignments and the Release 7.4 switch to managing users by group.