LogicNets Installation: System Requirements & Prerequisites
To install LogicNets on a local machine requires the following server specifications and prerequisite actions.
Recommended System Requirements
LogicNets recommends using a recent multi-core server with the following specifications:
- 4 or more cores
- 8 GB RAM or more
- 60+ GB of SSD storage
The following prerequistes are required for Windows-based installations.
- Windows Server 2016
- Internet Information Services (IIS) with CgiModule installed
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Redistributable (this is installed as part of the LogicNets Installation)
- IIS Rewrite Rules Module (this is installed as part of the LogicNets Installation)
The following prerequisites are required for Unix-based installations. Note: Not all LogicNets features (e.g. Designer, PDF Generation) are available on Linux-based installations.
- CentOS 7 or Later
- Apache Web Server, Including mod_ssl and mod_rewrite
- Zip and Unzip Utilities*
* The tool location must be included in the path variable so the system can access the tools from any location on the server.
The following prerequisites are required for all installations.
- A website sub-domain (e.g. logicnets.mycompany.com) must be available and bound to the server that hosts LogicNets.
- The website hostname/domain must be a fully qualified domain name (FQDN, e.g. https://mydomain.com or https://sub.mydomain.com). Single Word Domains (https://mydomain/) are not supported in conjunction with IE and HTTPS, because of IE restrictions.
- LogicNets must be directly hosted under the sub-domain (e.g. "https://logicnets.mycompany.com").
Important: LogicNets cannot be installed within a virtual (sub-) directories (e.g. "https://logicnets.mycompany.com/subfolder"), since the runtime and security architecture assumes a specific structure for the URLs.