Linking Knowledge Center Content
Whether you have created content references within the Designer in resources/content folder of a project or created articles in a KnowledgeCenter application, the process of linking one or more of these information assets to a node within a logicnet is the same.
Link a Content Reference to a Node
Once you have created content references in the content folder or in the Knowledge Center you can then link that content to specific nodes in your logicnets.
- Select the node in your logicnet where you would like to link a reference.
- Click the Resources tab for that node.
- Using the Select the source dropdown menu, select whether you are using content in the content folder or from the Knowledge Center.
- Click on the content to link and click Add to add this content to the node. The selected content should show in the content linked to this element table
- Click save to save your changes.
Note: Content sorting will be part of a future build. To reorder content now select and delete articles and then re-add them in the desired order.
Advanced Options for Linking from the Knowledge Center
The LogicNets Knowledge Center provides an additional way to link content to a logicnet node.
- Through a collection with tag names
- Use the value stored in the data object of the question as the tag name for a given tag category
- Create one or more rules to search for and select articles that meet the rule criteria (future functionality)
If you select knowledge center using the Select a source dropdown menu the system displays additional options.
- Click the radio button to select the option you want.
- Enter the collection name in the Data object field and enter the tag category in the Tags category field.
- Click Add to add your selection.