0. AUC Order Validation and the Ordering Workflow
There are two scenarios where the Appropriate Use Criteria Validation fits into the ordering workflow:
At the point where the ordering Clinician performs validation
- Clinician can answer clinical questions
- No workflow/handoffs required
- This requires the clinician to make a few clicks, which adds a minimal amount of extra time to each order.
After the order is added the proxy's queue
- No time required of the clinician
- If the clinician's proxy cannot answer clinical questions they would need to reach out to ask the clinician, or they would need to use the workflow to push validation back to the clinician.